How to Add a Background to PowerPoint Slides
In this tutorial you will learn how to insert a background into PowerPoint. The background will be a fixed background that is part of the slide and cannot be moved within the slide.
1. First, Select Design.
2. Then on the right-hand side of the tool bar click on Format Background
3. Now that Format Background is open you will see a panel appear on the right hand side just under Format Background. We are going to select Picture or Texture Fill.
4. A list of options should appear after clicking picture or texture fill. In the options select the button File... under insert picture from. Select the image file that you want. I have selected an image from my desktop.
5. You should see your image on your current slide like below.
6. This only adds the background image to this slide. If you have multiple slides you can click the Apply to All button on the bottom right corner under Format Background.
Awesome, you have applied a background to your PowerPoint slide!